Thursday, November 20, 2008

Out with the old and in with the new!

Food processors are one of the greatest kitchen tools in existence. I love the simplicity of putting food in, pushing a button, and wala, it's chopped/sliced/shredded. Even the mediocre ones are great... but the good ones are FABULOUS! Why do I love them so much? Is it because I am lazy and love the ease of just pushing a button?  Is it because I don't really know how to chop, slice, and dice efficiently?  Is it because I absolutely love having a variety of tools for each task? Ehhh, who knows, it's probably a little of each of those things!  

My love of food processors began when I was in college and living in my first apartment.  I bought a simple Braun food processor that was on clearance for around $10. It was too good of a bargain to pass up.  It's small and only has 2 blades, but it has been one of my favorite kitchen tools of all time. I use it whenever I get a chance.  It's been a great kitchen gadget.  And even with all the great things I have to say about it, I have one final thing to say to it: "move over bacon... now there's something meatier!" Yep, I got a beautiful shiny new Cuisinart food processor.  It's amazing and has so many bells and whistles. It has blades that I never even knew existed.  It's finish is stainless so I can be proud to leave it out on my counter, on display for all to admire (my Braun was white so it was tucked away in a cupboard after each use.) 

Stay tuned to hear about my adventures with my new kitchen pal... my Cuisinart food processor! 

Here it is making its debut. Say "hello" to my new friend:


And say "goodbye" to my old pal: 

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I feel a little sad for the white one...